Our Periodontal Pathogen test and probiotics
Our Periodontal Pathogen test can....
- Identify gingivitis patients who are at increased risk of disease progression. Proper home care and more frequent professional cleanings can prevent the development of periodontal disease.
- Monitor the treatment efficacy of periodontitis and prevent disease recurrence.
- Identify implant patients who are at increased risk of implantitis.
- Probiotics are live microorganisms that when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.
- Probiotics are a form of microbiome therapy, which uses beneficial or commensal bacteria to reverse the balance between the microbiome and the host and modulate the host’s immune system.
probiotics for oral health
- Compete against pathogenic oral bacteria
- Prime and modulate oral immune response
- Application of probiotics in oral health
- Bad Breath: About 90% of bad breath is caused by overgrowth of oral bacteria that produce volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs).
- Caries: Dental caries are destruction of tooth tissues by bacterial fermentation of dietary carbohydrates. Caries-promoting bacteria are acidogenic and aciduric.
- Periodontitis: Periodontitis is caused by overgrowth of periodontitis-initiating pathogens, which lead to the imbalance of oral microbiome and the host